Install and Configure xPUD 0.91
xPUD is a small operating system, created to boot very quickly and to offer the most common functionalities of a computer, like internet navigation, writing a text, watching a video or listening to music. Here there is a quick guide to explain how to install xPUD 0.91 development. Now there are more updated versions of xPUD, but this guide can serve anyway as an example.
- Open Ubuntu
- Download the development versione xPUD 0.91: xpud-09162009.iso.
- Extract from ISO the files "bzImage", "core" and "apps"
- From command line go into the directory where there are the extracted files, and write:
cat core apps > coreapps
In this way all the apps will be available since the boot of xPUD.
- Copy the files "bzImage" and "coreapps" in a directory, for example /xPUD
- Read the UUID of our hard disk with
ls -l /dev/disk/by-uuid
- Configure GRUB to load xPUD:
title xPUD 0.9.X (build 09162009)
kernel /xPUD/bzImage quiet noisapnp lang=it kmap=it
initrd /xPUD/coreapps xpud-data=UUID=XXXX-XXXX
The command "xpud-data=UUID=XXXX-XXXX" is referred to the xPUD backup file and allows to load it automatically. It's not strictly necessary to use the uuid, the drive can be specified also by /dev/sdXY; anyway with the uuid it there will not be problems about the drive identification.
And now start xPUD!
Fatal error: Call to undefined function sqlite_open() in /membri/giacobbe85/include/commenti.inc.php on line 324